Copying and displaying or distributing any part of this website without permission from the webmaster is prohibited. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution or copyright notice shall be made.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, please do not use this site.
All photographs, images, design elements, including HTML source coding and CSS, reviews, opinions, observations or other writings contained within Exploring the Middle Ages, except as noted on this page, are the intellectual property of the owner/designer of Exploring the Middle Ages, and are protected by U.S. copyright laws, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and international treaties.
Reproduction of this work, in whole or in part, including storage in electronic media, without the expressed permission of the owner is prohibited.
All images featured on this website are copyrighted, either by the owner of this website, or as listed below, and may not be reproduced, saved or linked to without permission from the copyright holder(s).
Exceptions and Credits
- Traditional ballads in the Ballads and Poetry section were culled from The English and Scottish Popular Ballads, Edited by Francis James Child and published by Houghton, Mifflin and Company in five volumes during the years 1884, 1886, 1889, 1892 and 1898. These volumes are in the public domain.
- Photographs copyrighted by Robin Simpson are noted in the "alt" tag for the photograph on the page on which they are used and are used with permission. More images like these can be viewed at Robin's photography website: Enchanted Visions.
- Photograph by Deborah Sackville provided by stock.xchng, a community of photographers who generously offer their works to the public free of charge.
- The Mostly Medieval logo is adapted and modified from Plate 191 featured in Medieval Ornament, Dover Pictorial Archive Series, 2002, and is used within the guidelines of published permissions terms.
- Linking graphics provided by affiliates, validating services and web site award programs are used with permission. Copyrights for these graphics are retained by the owners of these organizations.
Also on Mostly Medieval:
DownloadsBackgrounds, letters, avatars and more for websites, blogs, and newsletters. Desktop wallpapers for personal use.
In the Downloads section.
Travels in the UKTravelogue of a journey through northern England and Southern Scotland. Visits to castles, cathedrals, ruins and more.
In the Travels in the UK section.
The Merkat CrossBooks for all ages, movies, costumes for Halloween and Ren Faire, music and more – all related to the Middle Ages.
In the The Merkat Cross section.